For more than 60 years,
a publication centered on life in Mississippi.
December 12, 2013
Submit unposed photos of people or animals being funny or fascinating. Selected photos will appear in our October 2012 issue. Submissions must be emailed or postmarked to us by Sept. 17. “Picture This” is a reader photo feature appearing in the January, April, July and October issues of Today in Mississippi. We publish a few of the most eye-catching photos that best illustrate the given theme from among those submitted.
Photographers whose photos are selected for publication are eligible for a $200 cash prize, to be awarded in a random drawing in December.
Please note: This is not a contest, as photos will not be judged. Photos are selected for publication based on their overall quality, relevance to the given theme, visual impact and suitability for printing on newsprint paper. (Dark photos usually do not print well. We look for bright photos with good contrast and sharp focus.)
• Photos must relate to the given theme.
• Photos must be the original work of an amateur photographer (of any age).
• Photos eligible for publication may be either color or black and white, print or digital.
• Photos must be in sharp focus.
• Digital photos should be high-resolution JPG files. The images may be cropped but please do not use photo-editing software to adjust colors or tones. (We prefer to do it ourselves, if necessary, according to our printer’s standards.)
• Please do not send a photo with the date appearing on the image.
• Photos must be accompanied by identifying information, including photographer’s name, address, phone and electric power association (if applicable). Include the name(s) of any recognizable people in the picture.
• Submit as many photos as you like, but select only your best work.
• Prints will be returned if accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Note: We cannot guarantee their safe return through the mail.
How to submit
Prints and digital photos are accepted.
Prints: Mail prints or a photo CD to Picture This, Today in Mississippi, P.O. Box 3300, Ridgeland, MS 39158-3300.
Digital photos: Email (as an attachment to your e-mail message) to email@example.com. If submitting more than one photo, please attach all photos to only one e-mail message, if possible.
Question? Call Debbie Stringer, editor, at 601-605-8610 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 All Rights Reserved. TodayInMississippi.com.
The official publication of the ELECTRIC POWER ASSOCIATIONS of MISSISSIPPI