- 1 ½ cup diced sweet potato (1 medium)
- 1 cup diced potato (russet or yukon gold)
- 1 cup cooked white beans (great Northern)
- 2 tablespoons Rotel tomato with juice
- ½ cup canned light coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 pound macaroni noodles
Crunchy Bread Crumbs (optional)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until fork tender. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain potatoes and add to a blender or food processor.
- Add all remaining ingredients except pasta to blender/food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Pour in sauce and stir.
Instructions for Bread Crumbs
- Toss all ingredients together and toast in skillet over medium heat until light brown.
- Stir occasionally and then add to the top of your mac and cheese.
Category: Plated: Mac & Cheese