- 4 plump sweet potatoes
- Olive oil for coating sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon molasses or cane syrup
- Crushed ginger snaps mixed with a little melted butter
- Pecan pieces
- Mini marshmallows drizzled with melted butter
- Crushed oatmeal raisin cookies mixed with a little melted butter
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Wash and dry sweet potatoes. Lightly coat sweet potatoes with oil and sprinkle all over with salt. Wrap each with foil and place on tray. Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and allow to cool 20 minutes. Unwrap the potatoes and using a serrated knife, cut each potato lengthwise.
Scoop to the soft flesh of the sweet potatoes reserving the potato skin “boats” intact. Mash the melted butter and spice with the sweet potatoes and spoon into 6 of the potato skin shells. Cover with your choice of toppings.
Heat broiler. Keeping a close eye on them, broil for 2 minutes or until toppings are browned.
Category: Delta Delicious: Smoky Fall