- 3 pounds of fresh chicken breasts (about 4 to 5 large breasts)
- 2 18-ounce bottles of Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of all-purpose salt-free seasoning
(Kroger makes a good ‘zesty’ one)
- Garlic powder, lemon pepper, etc.
Spray the insert of a crock pot lightly with Pam. Lay the raw chicken breasts in the bottom of the liner in a single layer, overlapping the edges if necessary to make them all fit. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Season to taste with garlic powder, lemon pepper, and all-purpose seasoning. Pour the two bottles of barbecue sauce over the top and cover. Turn heat to high and cook for 4 ½ to 5 hours until chicken is totally done and fall-apart tender. Using two forks, shred the chicken in the sauce. Serve hot on hamburger or slider buns.